For Group classes & Personal Training on Zoom:-
No shoes required. You need either a very thick carpet to exercise on or use a mat. You should not be able to feel your bones digging into the floor.
For adapting exercises you might like to keep handy:-
* a dining chair
* block or thick book
* a wedge (if you have not got a wedge please contact me to purchase one or for ideas on what to do instead)
* some hand weights or plastic bottles of water to use as weights - you could fill them with sand if you need them heavier.
For Face to Face Group Fitness classes:- (for when it is safe to return)
* While Corona Virus is still a threat all clients will be required to wear face masks on entry and on departing and any other time if they come out of their designated space. Jo will have the room divided into sections so that each participant will be able to maintain social distance. They will take it in turns to have their temperature taken and use hand gel before entering.
* It is advisable that you use the bathroom at your home before you attend so you are less likely to need to use the public facilities at the venue.
* Water is available at all venues but until Corona Virus is no longer a threat you will be required to bring your own.
* No footwear needed for Pilates.
A good pair of aerobics/cross trainers are recommended for SuperTone - not running trainers.
Running trainers are designed for forward motion. They often are designed to restrict movement in the ankle to prevent runners from going over on their ankles. In exercise to music there is a lot of side ways movement you'll need to be able to move your ankle freely to prevent damage to your knees. If you are not sure about your trainers please ask Jo to test them.
* Bath towel (during Pilates classes please place this on your mat ready to use at any time). The towel is handy for Jo to use to adapt exercises to your own specific needs. It is nice to use between your head and arm on side lying and it can be used as a blanket if Jo does a relaxation.
* Jo has a small supply of spare mats, yoga blocks and wedges however while Corona Virus is a threat it is best to bring your own or you can buy them from her. She sells pillows in different sizes so that each participant has the right size one for them and the profit goes to charity.
* If you would like to get rid of your coppers you could use Jo's charity collection box